Thursday, August 25, 2011

Water your house!

Photo Courtesy of Dan McGreevy
Yesterday I watered my house, YES, I water my house... That might sound crazy, but I think it summoned the rain gods to tease us with today's showers!

For real though, it is so important to take care of your house's foundation health. The simplest way to do this is to maintain a hand watering schedule. Once a week I walk the perimeter of my home and water the foundation. The Husband tells me that it is not necessary due to our 'commercial grade' foundation, however I still see our new house as if it was the old house. ... Constantly breathing with the weather!

So, do yourself and your home a favor and give it a drink at least once a week. Doing this will preserve your foundation, whether it be slab or pier and beam. Just Do It!

No comments:

Post a Comment