Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The final days of summer!

Usually at this time of year I am feeling the impending fall depression... The thought of the warmer temperatures leaving and colder temps setting in always makes me a little crabby. However, I think we would all agree that this summer has been and continues to be terribly dreadful! Its been tough to pry myself out of the house or any four walls with A/C. This past weekend The Husband and I finally talked each other into battling the 112 degree heat by attending the hot sauce festival. I mean, why not? Might as well fry my mouth while my skin is burning! We lasted all of about 30 minutes before my water was gone, my mouth on fire and sweat had forged a river down my back.
This summer I say good riddance record breaking temperatures. I can't wait for the day I can get in my car and not burn my hands touching the steering wheel.

So, then a new depression begins to set in. ...ACL? What the heck, man... I'm just not sure we will be able to truly handle the heat this year. I pray Jim Spencer will do his rain dance and bring a drop in the temperatures. The Husband turns 30 this year during the ACL Festival weekend so this is intended to be a blow out year for him. I think we just might be the ones camping in the shade of a Zilker Tree, leaving camp for others to come and find refuge in the shade. In 2007 when ACL was known as the dust bowl I told myself that I could never do that again. ... I hope C3 will just say screw it and have sprinkler's in the park for us all to run through. Ill take the mud anyday over the dust!

As I say this The Husband has walked in the door with a delivery in hand. ...Our ACL wristbands! Whoohoo! ~Now if I can just figure out how to put the darn'd thing on?

No comments:

Post a Comment